What makes a granite kitchen countertop popular?
Granite kitchen countertops have become trendy style statements in recent times. As a material, granite is used for walls, floors, fireplaces, and outdoors as well. As a kitchen countertop, they are valued equally.
Customized granite kitchen countertops are offered by many agencies in Canada. Firms like Granite au Sommet offer various natural stone options for kitchen countertops.
This article takes you through the benefits of choosing granite as the material for a kitchen countertop.
Let us begin!
Two cents about granite
Granite is one of the most popular building materials in use. It is both beautiful and durable simultaneously.
Some quirky facts about granite
- It is an igneous rock.
- Granite is ranked 8 on Moh’s scale of hardness. Hence it is one of the hardest materials.
- It is naturally porous.
- The fissures are responsible for the unique look of granite.
What makes granite countertops special?
The reasons why granite countertops have greater appeal are
- Versatility: Granite comes in various color combinations and vein patterns. This makes the homeowners spoilt for choice.
- Personalization: The fabrication of granite gives numerous possibilities for personalization. The size, shape, and corner finishes can be chosen by the customer according to their taste.
- Long-lasting: Due to its durability, it is resistant to wear and tear for ages. This makes granite a wise investment for homeowners.
- Indestructible: It is highly scratch-resistant. Hence, fruits and vegetables can be directly chopped on a granite countertop. It can also handle contact with hot pans and plates.
- Value add to property: Granite is considered a great value addition to any property. It increases the asking price for those looking to sell their property.
- Repairability: It is very easy to repair any damages to granite. Scratches can be fixed by a polish. It is also very handy to clean as kitchen countertops require frequent cleaning.
Tips to find the best granite for your countertop
- Personal taste: Granite should be chosen based on the customer’s taste in color – light or dark, vein pattern – light or heavy.
- Room size: The choice of granite is dependent on room size. Go with lighter colors when dealing with a small kitchen to create a roomy effect.
- Quality: Choose the grade of granite based on your need and budget. Some parameters to look at are fissures, surface pitting, veins, etc.
- Reputed supplier: Choose a reputable seller for sourcing your granite.
Granite is an elegant building material for any construction. Choose a good dealer for sourcing your granite kitchen countertops to enjoy durability and affordability.